The pandemic has left most pupils so far behind schedule for the 2020 academic calendar making it almost impossible for them to write their end of year-examinations, let alone continue with their studies remotely.E-Learning has lagged behind on the continent over a long period of time, and its high time authorities pursued that avenue as it is seemingly almost impossible to avoid this fast growing trend.
The introduction of Computer Science, Programming/Coding, and Computational Thinking to primary school a curriculum have been achieved in several countries, including South Africa (recently introduced), and is being considered in many more. As this is a relatively recent trend in curriculum development there is still much to learn about the purpose of this area of learning in a child’s primary education, how best to design and integrate this area into a primary curriculum, and how best to use these curricula in schools.
This 2-day event looks to delve on the use of technology in basic education, e-Teacher Professional Development, Coding and Robotics, Choosing Technologies for Teaching and Learning, amongst other exciting topics.
- Old wine in new bottles: classroom-type online learning
- The Impact of Covid-19 Pandemic on South African Education
- Coding and Robotics for Basic Education
- From the periphery to the center: how technology is changing the way we teach
- Navigating Forward the Pedagogy of Blended Learning
- Teaching in the Digital Age
- National Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement Grade R-12
- E-Learning for Educators-SACE Presentation (The South African Council for Educators)
Who Should Attend?
- Head of Departments
- Instructional technologists
- Virtual Education Specialists
- Course designers
- Department of Basic Education
- Basic Education Researchers
- Human Resources Managers
- Education Administrators
- Blended Education Specialists
- Government Education Personnel
- International Education Development Cooperation
- Learning Support
- ICT Programme Directors
- E-Learning Specialists
- M-Learning Specialists
- Learning and Development Managers
- Curriculum Designers
- Education Policy Makers
- Teachers & Instructors
- Technology and Service Providers
- e-Learning Software Providers